The main part of the hostel was actually quite nice, it is a giant lodge type building with a bunch of pool tables, Foosball and a giant pool out front. The dorms left something to be desired but at $12 for the night, who was I to complain. I had heard that this was the nicest hostel in Iguazu which made me wonder how bad the rooms were at the $8 hostels. After settling in I headed out towards the Iguazu National Park. I ended up going around the park with two girls from Glasglow who were staying at the hostel. This worked out well as I was able to get pictures of me in the park which you should definitely check out once I post them.
| From Iguazu Falls |
Our first destination at the park was the Garganta del Diablo trial. This trail leads you to views above the biggest group of the waterfalls. There isn´t really anyway to describe them. They are just absolutely awesome. It is just an amazing amount of water going over the falls and crashing down. It is simply breathtaking. After that we went to two of the other trails, the Upper and Lower. These gave us views of several different sets of waterfalls which were also amazing. The Lower Trail puts you below one of the waterfalls and if you dare to, you can get close and get soaking wet just from the effects of the water crashing down near you. All in all, the falls were amazing. If you are ever in this part of the world you have to make it out to them, it is totally worthwhile.
| From Iguazu Falls |
I flew back into Buenos Aires this evening. Domestic flights are routed through to Aeroparque which is closer into the city than the international airport. The main advantage of this is you get an incredible view of Buenos Aires as you fly along the Rio de la Plata towards the airport. I didn´t realize how big the city was from the drive in when I first got here. When we landed many of the Argentine´s applauded. That caught me slightly off guard as I was thinking to myself, ¨Is a successful landing an uncommon occurrence in this country?¨
1 comment:
Applause?! Haha.. I'd be worried. Glad you survived, anyhow.
Post a Comment