![]() |
| From Colonia |
But before we get to that, the last few days I spent in Buenos Aires were fun. We went to Colonia for a day which required us to take a ferry across the Rio de la Plata which is the widest river in the world. We bought the cheaper ferry tickets which is supposed to be a 3 hour boat vs a 1 hour boat, but somehow the ride up only took 85 minutes? We'll score that one for me and Steph. Colonia is a nice little coastal town in Uruguay. And yes, that picture is of our sweet ride for getting around Colonia. You can barely see some of the tall buildings in Buenos Aires from the distance. Now if my camera didn't run out of space (bad planning on my part) I would have taken more pictures, but it did, so I didn't.
The rest of the time in Buenos Aires we spent just hanging out, eating, and shopping pretty much. We met up with a family friend of Steph's for dinner one night. We went to a pizza place which pretty much eliminated my perception that Buenos Aires has the worst pizza. They do have some pretty bad places, but this place was awesome. We ordered a more normal bacon pie as well as a carpacccio pizza. The carpaccio pizza just came out completely covered with carpaccio. It was different, but good.
28 days in Buenos Aires. Definitely the decision of the year for me. I met some really cool and interesting people ranging from a professional skier, professional futbol player, to a private chef and a professional poker player. I have not been around the typical type of person that I usually see at home. I definitely had a lot of fun too. Of the 26 nights there, I think I went out 23 of them. Numbers are a fun game. Of my estimated 56-60 meals (I was rarely up in time for breakfast) I ate 3 homemade meals. It really was just a long vacation, but it was fun and a fantastic escape from the hustle and bustle of work and living in the DC area. I've just got to figure out how to go back for a longer trip.

1 comment:
your camera?
Post a Comment