The lack of posts this week is the result of the lack of me doing anything interesting. It´s pretty much the same story every day. Wake up around 1, grab some lunch, which usually takes around 2 hours, then play some pool back at the hostel. I´ve gone out to a couple of good steak dinners this week. Steak is really the only thing worth eating here. The pizza is horrid, I saw someone order chinese food and I´m not going to do that. We may try some Peruvian food which could be good.
The other night a few of us went out on one of the pub crawls. It was an interesting and entertaining night because the vast majority of the people on the crawl were contestants on the Australian version of Wipe Out (the game show where contestants race through obstacle courses designed to make you ¨wipe out¨). They were a funny bunch.
Tomorrow, I´m taking the bus up to Iguazu Falls which is on the Brazilian border and flying back to Buenos Aires on Tuesday. It is supposed to be an awesome sight and one of the things you have to see if you are in this part of the world. That should be a lot of fun and hopefully I´ll be able to get some pictures up soon after.
Today I checked out the MALBA art museum here which is said to be the best modern art museum in Argentina. It´s a pretty small museum but it had an intersting collection of art, all done by Latino artists. Later today Celina is going to make me some Yerba Mate which is like the famous herbal teaish type drink down here.
A couple of side notes. The inflation in this county is pretty crazy. The Time Out - Buenos Aires I bought was published this past July. All the prices they listed are off by about 20-30%. Now I don´t know if that´s because all the restaurants that became listed decided to rip off tourists and raise the prices, or if its a combination of both. In terms of overall cheapness, I think Mexico City is much cheaper, except when it comes to steak and wine, that´s where Buenos Aires wins.
The other note, I don´t think I mentioned before is, there is an interesting assortment of people here. It´s a fairly multicultural mix of people from Spanish speaking countries. I´ve met a lot of Brazilians, some Colombians, Peruvians and Mexicans down here, in addition to the European and Austrialian tourists. There haven´t been that many American tourists down here. I would have to say I like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What does the pizza taste like? You ever going to make time to visit Brazil?
Have a good time at the falls. Are you going to Bariloche?
What about Córdoba?
The pizza here is crap. It is basically bread with cheese.
I´m not going anywhere else really, just Iguazu, Buenos Aires and possibly Colonia, Uruguay for a day.
Post a Comment